Here’s a stunner:
It is estimated by Cisco that video will account for 82% of Internet traffic by the year 2021. What’s more, 90% of consumers said that product videos informed purchase decisions and adding a video to your landing page can increase conversions by up to 80%. This means, if you’re not putting our video content, you’re falling behind and you’re losing sales.
But it’s not enough to just keep up with this huge trend, you also need to find a way to stand out. With a projected 1.9 billion internet video users in 2021, the sheer amount of content will be overwhelming. When using video marketing, you need to stand out enough for your audience to choose your video, and your content must be engaging enough for them to finish it!
Don’t know where to start with videos? We’ve got you covered.
Here is a free guide to customized video:
· Create a story Engage with your customers’ fears, desires, needs. Focus on the value you provide. Don’t get lost in the sale: share the story to draw them in then reel in the sale at the end with a concise call-to-action.
· Use the element of surprise This is especially important within the first 10 seconds, when viewers are most likely to click away, but the premise can be maintained throughout the entire video. Don’t go for the obvious but instead find a unique and creative angle to make your video and message stand out.
· Have fun! You want your audience to be excited for your content, and you want them to finish the video, so make sure you are being authentic and engaging. 76% of users say they would share video content if it is entertaining. Present content in a fun and distinctive way to get your content circulating!
· Customize Videos are essential to maintaining your brand; Your customers need to literally come face to face with the same brand they are used to. What’s more, you can customize your videos to be personalized to your audience, so they feel more closely connected to your brand.
· Mix up your content You can use video in a multitude of ways, which keeps your brand fresh and your audience eager to see what direction you will take your content next! Here are a few ideas for videos you can make for your audience:
1) Brand video: Tell your audience who you are, what you stand for, and why you are a valuable partner
2) Education and How-to: Present yourself as an expert by providing content that educations, inspires, and helps your audience grow in their journey
TIP- Use animated videos to explain hard-to-grasp concepts or to boost engagement. Viewers are most likely to watch an animated video.
3) Testimonials: Use clients, case studies, and industry experts to create video aimed at boosting social proof and building trust
4) Live videos: Engage with your audience in real time and add some authentic excitement to your feed
5) 360 or virtual reality videos: Tap in to your audiences’ sense of wonder and exploration
The ideas don’t stop here! Video is a great platform for almost any type of content Get creative and don’t stop playing!
Still not convinced that video has value?
How about these stats:
· Video offers the best return on investment with 51.9%
· You are 53% more likely to show up first on Google with an embedded video on your website
· 68% of consumers prefer watching an explainer video to solve a product problem
· Video has the highest Click-Through-Rate of all digital ad formats with 1.84%
· Video can increase email click-through rate by 96%
Lindy Chaffin Start is principal and creative director at Unstoppable Start Studios based in Atlanta, Georgia. She contributes her knowing and talents as a marketer to small businesses across the country and listeners around the world.
To learn more about all the different types of videos and the ways you can use them to maximize your visibility, contact us.